Bring your unique experience into EUROCONTROL!
Working in aviation is a fantastic way to take your career to the next level. If you think your expertise can be applied to some of aviation’s great challenges that we tackle daily, then here is a chance to take your career to the skies.
We are currently offering roles in a variety of expert and support fields. See where your expertise could fit within EUROCONTROL, and check out the latest roles we’re looking to fill right now.
We see everyone at EUROCONTROL as an ambassador for our values. They’re behind everything we do at work and how we do it, as we look to deliver the best possible outcomes to the aviation community.
We’re passionate about:
Composed of nationals from our 41 Member States, we know that a wide-ranging selection of views, opinions, and backgrounds are the essence of a dynamic and high-achieving work environment. As one of our core values, it’s what makes our organisation such an exciting, fun and career-empowering place.
EUROCONTROL’s stakeholders come from all parts of the aviation sector and beyond, and your role will be to help us support European aviation 24/7 to keep the European aviation network operating as smoothly, safely and efficiently as possible.
We expect all EUROCONTROL staff to act in a neutral and impartial manner at all times. Integrity is also one of our core leadership values: we put honesty and fairness at the heart of how we treat our staff.
Readiness To Change
We need to be adaptable, forward-thinking, and ready to handle any new challenge that emerges in the aviation sector. A big part of this is staying one step ahead and being able to come up with new, efficient solutions which can be adapted to fit the needs of our stakeholders.
Achieving objectives and delivering for our stakeholders even in the face of adversity and challenging situations is vital at EUROCONTROL. We have to deliver the highest quality to our stakeholders while efficiently managing time and costs.
Salary, allowances & career progression
From competitive salaries, travel and relocation compensations, to flexible working, training courses, pension and medical coverage, we take the time to invest in you and make sure you are competitively remunerated in line with the job level and the experience you bring. Here are three key ways we compensate, reward and promote our staff members:
Our competitive salaries reflect the expertise you bring to our team and give you a perfect platform to take your career to the next level. In addition to your base salary, we also offer excellent compensation and support packages. You’ll find a simulation in the Notice of Competitions. Successful candidates also get a relocation allowance to make the move easier for you and your family.
For those with dependants, you’ll also get a monthly allowance adjusted to your specific situation. There will also be possibilities for career progression when you’re ready to take on new responsibilities at EUROCONTROL or to reflect exceptional performance.
To allow you to have the best possible work-life balance, we actively promote flexible working arrangements.
In addition to public holidays, you get a base of two days of leave per month, with your total leave days adjusted upwards by the amount of time you have been with us, your role, and your age.
Parental & family leave
Everyone has responsibilities outside work. We offer flexible working so you can fit your professional work around personal needs.
Maternity & adoption leave
For those special first moments, we will also provide 20 weeks of maternity or adoption leave as and when you need it.
Our flexible insurance scheme automatically covers your medical expenses and those of your family. Had an accident? We will cover that too.
We have you covered even after your long and rewarding career with us. We offer fantastic pension schemes that reflect your time with us, and a final salary scheme to compensate you for your long-term role in our team.
Do your traineeship with us
We regularly offer traineeship opportunities for undergraduates, graduates and Ph.D. students. If you’re looking for a place that values your curiosity, passion, and desire to learn, you have found your great first work experience. As an international organisation, we offer you a multicultural and stimulating environment where you learn from our experts in various fields: aeronautical engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, cyber security, business, law, human resources, and communications, to just name a few.
The EUROCONTROL Traineeship Programme will provide eligible and successful candidates like you with the following benefits:
- A valuable work experience ranging from 3 to 12 months with a reputable employer;
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses as well as visa costs incurred by non-EU nationals;
- A mentoring system which guarantees supervision and coaching by one of our dedicated experts;
- A quality working environment with state-of-the-art facilities; and
- An active and welcoming Trainees Community.
To be eligible for any of our traineeship, you must comply with all of the following conditions:
- Have the nationality of one of the EUROCONTROL or ECAC Member States;
- are a higher education student/PhD student/young graduate. If you are a young graduate, the traineeship should start within 12 months of completion of your latest studies;
- be of age under the law in force in the State of your primary nationality on the start date of the traineeship;
- have an excellent command of English and/or French (written and verbal). In a multicultural environment, an additional language knowledge is a great asset. For traineeships in Maastricht, however, we only require an excellent knowledge of English;
- be unemployed by the time you apply for a traineeship offer.
- Make sure you comply with all the conditions explained above.
- You may only apply online by submitting your up-to-date Europass CV and by answering questions about your motivation, availability and preferred field.
- We will review and assess your application.
- If your application is shortlisted, we will invite you for a phone interview with your future team.
- If you are successful, we will invite you to provide us with all the relevant documents needed to prepare your arrival.
At EUROCONTROL, we do our best to ensure that if you have the right expertise for our team, you’ll get the role you deserve on a level playing-field. Meet some of our champions who are currently bringing their expertise into EUROCONTROL so we can provide better for the continent and beyond!
How to apply
All job applications must be submitted via the online application form for each job that you are interested in. When filling out your application, please bear in mind the following tips.
We only consider applications which have been submitted for advertised job offers within the advertised time-window - we don’t process spontaneous applications.
Finally, bear in mind that to be eligible to work at EUROCONTROL, you have to be a national of one of our Member States.
What happens next?
Submit your application on-line only! Closing dates are strictly applied, so give yourself enough time to prepare, and don’t miss the deadline!
A selection panel (with members from the recruiting unit, the field of expertise, the Staff Committee and HR) will shortlist candidates who will be invited for an interview.
In addition to the interview, shortlisted candidates may be asked to undergo specific tests. We will give feedback to Interviewees within 2-3 weeks.
The successful candidate will be invited to undergo job medical tests.
We will send an offer to the successful candidate 1-2 weeks after the selection process is finalised.