We thought that it was particularly important for this edition to provide different stakeholders with a platform where they can share their priorities and strategies to get through this crisis and take the opportunity to build back better.
Our latest Skyway magazine is now out. This time we look at how the aviation sector is preparing for the recovery and what changes are underway at airports, in the airline industry and at the Network Manager level.
"#BuildBackBetter isn’t just a hashtag – it’s a goal, it’s a way of thinking. It’s vital for all of us if we are to make aviation more efficient and more sustainable"
From the community
Skyway has always raised eyebrows with engaging articles by prominent leaders and critical thinkers from across the aviation industry and this month this is especially true. Check out our latest issue with articles on:
- The biggest challenge the industry faces is the environmental challenge
His Excellency Akbar Al Baker, Group CEO Qatar Airways
- Recovery depends on a harmonised approach,
Ulla Lettijeff, Senior Vice-President Helsinki Airport, Finland
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Ethiopian Airlines, recovery preparedness and challenges
Tewolde GebreMariam, Group Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Airlines
- Partnering for a sustainable aerospace future
Brian Moran, Vice President Global Sustainability Policy & Partnerships, Boeing
- Delivering a sustainable aviation recovery
Amparo Brea, Innovation, Sustainability and Customer Experience Director, Aena
- Climate-neutral aviation: redefining business as usual
Glenn Llewellyn, VP Zero-Emissions Technology, Airbus
- Improving network performance by integrating operational and technical working groups
Views of Ulf Thibblin, Chair of Network Directors of Technology (NDTECH), and Xavier Benavent, Chair of Network Directors of Operations (NDOP)
- We are now all collaborators working within a single Network”
Steven Moore, Head of ATM Network Operations, EUROCONTROL
- Europe is now in the fast lane to implementing UAS traffic management systems
Munish Khurana, Business Development Manager, EUROCONTROL
And these are just the beginning. Download our full issue below to find the full articles and more. Also, be sure to subscribe to get your latest issue as it is published in a digital, or print format.
Skyway is EUROCONTROL's official magazine. Launched in 1996 Skyway has developed into an authoritative voice, examining in depth the major challenges to improving air traffic management (ATM) performance in Europe and globally.
This issue of Skyway is made possible thanks to advertisements from Indra.