In this 73rd issue, we hear from top brass about how they foresee the recovery of the aviation sector and what kind of future that is - doom and gloom or an opportunity to rebuild, reinvent and reimagine.
Our latest Skyway magazine is now out. This time we look at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the aviation sector and what to do from here.
"The pandemic has devastated our industry and the people who work in it; trying to ride it out is not an option. In order to survive, we need to take decisive and radical steps to mitigate the immediate impacts while putting in place the building blocks for a more robust and adaptable post-COVID aviation system."
From the community
Skyway has always raised eyebrows with engaging articles by prominent leaders and critical thinkers from across the aviation industry and this month this is especially true. Check out our latest issue with articles on:
- We need to reinvent the air travel experience, by Benjamin Smith, CEO, Air France-KLM;
- The crisis is also an opportunity for rebuilding Europe’s aviation system, by Henrik Hololei, Director-General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission;
- COVID-19 and recovery of aviation from testing to the new normal, Olivier Jankovec, Director General, ACI EUROPE;
- Aviation’s recovery from the COVID-19 crisis will be a long-haul flight, Alexandre de Juniac, Director General & CEO, IATA;
- Life beyond COVID-19. How will aviation need to change? Patrick Ky, Executive Director, EASA;
- Building a sustainable model to meet complex environmental needs, Marylin Bastin, Head of Aviation Sustainability, EUROCONTROL;
- The pandemic has demonstrated the power of partnership, Simon Hocquard, Director General, CANSO.
And these are just the beginning. Download our full issue below to find the full articles and more. Also, be sure to subscribe to get your latest issue as it is published in a digital, or print format.
Skyway is EUROCONTROL's official magazine. Launched in 1996 Skyway has developed into an authoritative voice, examining in depth the major challenges to improving air traffic management (ATM) performance in Europe and globally.