The 4DT CONOPS aims to detail the improvements for the end-to-end 4D trajectory management described in the High Level Network Operations Framework for 2029. This CONOPS is an essential pre-requisite for iNM, in order to provide to the iNM contractor a visibility at conceptual level what is expected concerning the management of 4D trajectories. This CONOPS will be the baseline for drafting of operational/user requirements for iNM. This CONOPS might be used by all Network actors to drive their planning and investments for achieving a common goal for cooperative trajectory management at Network level. The CONOPS could be used to derive the common trajectory management requirements for other Stakeholders.
Its objectives include:
- Optimising 4D trajectory calculations, utilizing meteorological data and coordinated airport information.
- Defining information sharing among trajectory actors to support collaborative decision-making.
- Pre-tactical planning
- Describing trajectory management processes throughout the flight lifecycle, from scheduling to arrival.
- Elaborating on supporting environmentally performant fleet innovations, military operations, suborbital flights, and UTM growth.
- Documenting EUROCONTROL's role in ensuring trajectory quality and availability.
- Defining roles and responsibilities of key network actors in 2029.
- Describing processes and procedures for Network 4D Trajectory management.
- Identifying required enablers and developing an indicative implementation roadmap.
- Aligning the concept with global trajectory management principles and aviation initiatives.
This document was approved by NMB/36 on 4 July 2023 (after agreements by NETOPS and NDOP).
Download the report below to find out more.