The 142 improvement measures implemented since AIRAC 1808 could have led to:
Our monthly European route network implementation plan (ERNIP) monitoring report provides an overview of the airspace design improvements applied by States during the past AIRAC cycle and an analysis of their potential and real world effects.
Highlights for AIRAC 1908
airspace improvement in AIRAC 1908 coordinated with the EUROCONTROL Network Manager
implementing States as part of SG BLACK.
flown less on shortest available route
less fuel used
less CO2 emitted
Based on our filed flight plan indicator, the actual situation during AIRAC 1908 was:
flown more compared to shortest available route
more fuel used
more CO2 emitted
Potential causes having an impact on flight planning/ airline choices:
- Geopolitical (Ukraine, Libya and Syria);
- Regulations due to capacity/ staffing problems in the network;
- Traffic composition/ demand;
- Industrial action;
- Weather (several key ANSPs were affected by traffic re-routing);
- Financial (fluctuation of route charges over Europe).
For more details, download our monitoring report.