If all went to plan, the 144 measures implemented since AIRAC 1807 could have led to:
European Route Network Improvement Plan (ERNIP) - Monitoring Report - AIRAC 1907
Our monthly European route network implementation plan (ERNIP) monitoring report provides an overview of the airspace design improvements applied by States during the past AIRAC cycle and an analysis of their potential and real world effects.
Highlights for AIRAC 1907
projects implemented in AIRACT 1907.
implementing States and organisations.
less fuel used
less CO2 emitted
Based on our filed flight plan indicator, the actual situation during AIRAC 1907 was:
more fuel used
more CO2 emitted
Some of the causes that can explain the real-world figures seen above, include:
- Geopolitical (Ukraine, Libya and Syria);
- Staffing (Karlsruhe UAC, Wien ACC, Athens ACC, Bordeaux ACC, Marseille ACC and Nicosia ACC)
- Capacity (Karlsruhe UAC, Wien ACC, Barcelona ACC and Budapest ACC)
- Weather (South-East- and North-East Axes)
- Financial (fluctuation of route charges over Europe)
For more details, download our monitoring report.