The list below provides an overview of the key improvements implemented on 24 May 2018:
- Bulgaria - New Plovdiv TMA.
- Italy - FRA-IT Free Route Airspace Italy, Phase ; Airspace structure improvement Brindisi FIR, Milano FIR and Roma FIR; Olbia/Alghero CTR re-organisation and new Sardegna CTA implementation.
- Malta - Free Route Airspace Malta - Phase 3b; INTRAC - New Terminal Routing Airspace Concept Malta airport.
- Norway / Denmark - ENSV10 sector re-alignment.
- Spain - Barcelona TMA - Phase 1a.
- Switzerland - Zurich ACC - Sector West Reorganisation.
- Turkey - SMART- Systematic Modernisation of ATM Resources in Turkey, Phase 4a.
Thanks to the airspace enhancements implemented during AIRAC 1806 as well as the airspace design improvements put in place since AIRAC 1706 in connection with changing traffic patterns and structure, the additional, potential savings offered during AIRAC cycle 1806 amount to 134,000 NMs flown less compared with the equivalent AIRAC cycle in 2017. This translates into 804 tons of fuel, or 2,680 tons of CO2, or € 670,000.
Based on the last filed flight plan indicator and as a result of the airspace design improvements put in place since AIRAC 1706 in connection with changing traffic patterns and the airline choices made, the actual losses calculated during the AIRAC cycle 1806 amount to 1,164,000 NMs flown more compared to the equivalent AIRAC cycle in 2017. This translates into 6,984 tons of fuel, or 23,280 tons of CO2, or € 5,820,000.