It complements the principles of earlier versions based on real experiences of applying the methodology.
The principal changes from Version 2 are in three areas:
- the management of stakeholder expectations and information requirements through ‘transversal cases’, such as the Safety, Business, Human Factors, Environment Cases, Standards and Regulation Case;
- the assessment of the maturity of the concept, and the management of concept development transitions, from the initial identification of the problem through to transfer of the concept development from R&D to industry for implementation;
- the Structured Planning Framework gives more attention to the need to manage validation activities at different scales providing guidance at programme and project as well as Exercise levels.
To achieve this Version 3 is for the first time structured in two Volumes.
- E-OCVM Version 3 - Volume I describes the methodology. It is in three parts aimed at programme managers, project leaders and practitioners respectively. It also provides a glossary of key terms and a useful further reading list;
- E-OCVM Version 3 - Volume II consists of a number of technical annexes, providing deeper information for practitioners on cases, maturity assessment and the structured planning framework.
E-OCVM Vol II contains a couple of pages in A3 format, hence you may experience issues in printing them.
Below you can also download the figures from the two volumes in addition to the previous E-OCBM versions.