The Transition Plan for Major Projects in Europe Winter 2014/2015 is a living document that forms part of the European Network Operations Plan (NOP) 2014-2018/19. The Transition Plan deals only with scheduled significant events that could lead to a temporary reduction of capacity and that may require mitigation measures agreed in a partnership approach at Network level. Examples of such events are: implementation of new ATM system, move to new ACC Ops room, major airspace reorganisation including change to the ACC area of responsibility, opening of new airports, etc.
European Network Operations Plan 2014-2018/19
The Transition Plan for Major Projects in Europe Winter 2014/2015 describes the processes, activities, plans and measures that will be applied by the Network Manager and the operational stakeholders, to minimise the impact on the network performance caused by major airspace or ATM system improvement projects.
In response to the COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 677/2011 of 7 July 2011 (laying down the detailed rules for the implementation of air traffic management (ATM) network functions amending Regulation (EU) No 691/2010), and Regulation (EU) No 691/2010, the Network
Manager. This document, as part of the European Network Operations Plan (NOP) 2012-2014, helps to ensure the achievement of European Union-wide performance targets during the implementation of system / airspace transition projects.
EU Regulation 677/2011 covers the regulation of ATM Network Functions and requires the NM to include in the NOP the following elements relevant to the planning of major projects:
- A network forecast taking into account special events impact;
- A description of plans and actions at local and network level;
- An overview of special events with significant ATM impact;
- A description of individual special events and their handling from a network perspective;
- A consolidated forecast and analysis of the operational performance of the network, including the impact of special events.