The Implementation Objectives constitute the backbone of the Level 3 and provide all civil and military implementing parties (ANSPs, Airport Operators, Airspace Users and Regulators) with a basis for short to medium-term implementation planning. It also serves as a reference for States/National Supervisory Authorities (NSAs) to fulfil their roles regarding the supervision of safe and efficient provision of air navigation services as well as the timely implementation of SESAR.
The Implementation Report 2023 maps the evolution of the Master Plan implementation on the four progressive Phases of the SESAR vision (Phase A to D), as defined in the 2020 edition of the Executive view of the Master Plan, for the delivery of a Digital European Sky (DES).
Its main information sources are the LSSIP 2022 documents, developed based on the provisions of the Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan 2022. The LSSIP documents reflect the EUROCONTROL States' individual implementation status and plans as available 31 December 2022.
This year's edition features few enhancements that allow the reader to first get a high-level glimpse of the yearly progress, then a drill-down to more granular information organised by Essential Operational Change and furthermore by Implementation Objective. Specifically, the document includes:
- Executive Summary highlighting the most important findings of the report,
- ECAC+ Implementation Status 2022, offering the reader with a helicopter view of the implementation progress achieved over the 2022 monitoring cycle and a glimpse on future developments,
- Synoptic View, organised by Essential Operational Change (EOC), providing more granular details on the Implementation Objectives featured in each EOC, as well as SESAR Solutions in implementation that have been validated by SESAR 1 and SESAR2020 Wave, but not yet linked to Implementation Objectives,
- Deployment View, featuring a detailed analysis of the implementation progress of each Implementation Objective, with an expected evolution as well as a list of relevant references showing the multiple interdependencies affecting each individual Objective. The information is supported by several graphical elements showing the achieved implementation progress as well as the expected evolution,
- Annexes, providing supporting information for easier reading and understanding of the report. This includes mappings between Master Plan elements, but also an exhaustive graphical overview of the current implementation of Arrival Management (AMAN) extended to en-route.