The Implementation Plan brings together and provides the framework for the commonly agreed actions to be taken by ECAC stakeholders, in the context of the implementation of SESAR. These actions are consolidated in the form of ‘Implementation Objectives’, addressing those elements in SESAR which have reached the necessary operational and technical maturity and for which stakeholders have expressed an interest in their operational introduction. Implementation Objectives address validated SESAR solutions and also account for some of the existing (EU) regulations in ATM.
The Implementation Objectives of the Master Plan Level 3 Plan 2019 were endorsed by the Provisional Council of EUROCONTROL in May 2019. This version of the document includes a more detailed references/mapping between existing Implementation Objectives and elements of the document 'A proposal for the future architecture of the European airspace', SJU – 2019, also known as the ‘Airspace Architecture Study’..
The European ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan Edition 2019 is still subject to European Commission approval. Any further changes to this document, in the context of ATM MP Level 1 references and finalisation, will be included in view of the approval of the ATM Master Plan 2019, by the end of the year. These will not affect the definition of Implementation Objectives in the Plan 2019.
New objectives in Plan 2019
- AOP15 Enhanced traffic situational awareness and airport safety nets for the vehicle drivers
- AOP16 Guidance assistance through airfield ground lighting
- AOP17 Provision/integration of departure planning information to NMOC
- AOP18 Runway Status Lights (RWSL)
- ATC19 Enhanced AMAN-DMAN integration
- ATC20 Enhanced STCA with down-linked parameters via Mode S EHS
- INF09 Digital Integrated briefing
- NAV11 Implement precision approach procedures using GBAS CAT II/III based on GPS L1
Amended objectives in Plan 2019
- ATC2.9 Short Term Conflict Alert (STCA) for TMAs
- COM11.1 Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in En-Route
- COM11.2 Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in Airport/Terminal
- NAV03.1 RNAV 1 in TMA Operations
- NAV03.2 RNP 1 in TMA Operations
- NAV10 RNP Approach Procedures to instrument RWY
- NAV12 ATS IFR Routes for Rotorcraft Operations
A ‘substantial change’ is a change that may affect the stakeholder's commitment to implement an objective (e.g. implementation deadline, technical/operational requirements, applicability area, etc.) and therefore requiring the highest level of consultation – EUROCONTROL technical working arrangements where relevant, Agency Advisory Board (AAB) and Provisional Council (PC).
One objective closed as ACHIEVED - According to LSSIP 2018 reports, implementation of FCM04.1 has been completed by 88% of the stakeholders in the area of applicability. This completion fulfills MPL3 Report implementation progress assessment criteria for declaring FCM04.1 “Achieved” at the end of the year 2018. Consequently, FCM04.1 is part of the Plan edition 2019.