In this issue we cover the summer periods from 2016 to 2020, combining European EVAIR and global IATA findings and discussing the trends in various air traffic management (ATM) events.
EUROCONTROL voluntary ATM incident reporting (EVAIR) safety bulletin 23
The year 2020 was marked by the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in a sharp drop in the number of flights, hence in the number of reports.
Between 2016 and 2020
Reports in all categories
In this issue we report on:
- a drop in number of drone events in 2019 as well as a slight drop in summer 2020;
- a significant decrease in GPS outages in summer 2020;
- the lowest ACAS RA occurrence level in the last five years;
- a considerable increase in laser interference after recording a significant decrease in 2019;
- call-sign similarities making up 6% of ATM reports;
- air-ground communication accounting for only 27.6% of the top 7 contributors to ATM occurrences.
For much more information and a deeper dive into the reports, download and consult our bulletin.