In this issue we cover the 2015-2019 period, combining European EVAIR and global IATA findings. The trends in our report are still for the period prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and it's visible impact on the aviation sector.
EUROCONTROL voluntary ATM incident reporting (EVAIR) safety bulletin 22
Our 2020 bulletin comes at a difficult time for the aviation sector, however, we continue to work and maintain the system, prepared for the return of air traffic.
Between 2015 and 2019
ATM occurrence reports
Reports in all categories
In this issue we report on:
- a drop in number of drone events in 2019 after a significant increase in 2018;
- the increase in GPS outages between 2015 and 2018 and slight decline in 2019;
- the significant decrease in laser interference from 6.7% down to 2.4%;
- call-sign similarities making up 5.2% of ATM reports;
- air-ground communication making up half of the top 7 contributors to ATM occurrences.
For much more information and a deeper dive into the reports, download and consult our bulletin.