In this issue we cover the 2015-2019 summer periods (01 April – 30 September), provide IATA statistics and an overview of a selected number of air traffic management (ATM) problems.
EUROCONTROL voluntary ATM incident reporting (EVAIR) safety bulletin 21
Our 2020 bulletin comes at a difficult time for the aviation sector, however, we continue to work and maintain the system, prepared for the return of air traffic.
Between 2015 and 2019
ATM occurrence reports
AO occurrence reports
IATA’s Global Aviation Data Management (GADM) department has for the first time conducted a summer analysis using the datasets of IATA’s GADM Incident Data Exchange (IDX) and Flight Data Exchange (FDX) programmes.
Some other notable mentions in the report for the 2015 - 2019 period include:
- since 2018's record level of drone issues, 2019 saw a drop in the number of RPAS reports;
- we report on a large increase of GPS outages between 2018-2019 with 43 FIRs affected;
- a drop in ACAS RAs from 1.2 per 10,000 flights in 2010 to 0.5 per 10,000 flights in 2019;
- a continuous decline in the 'laser interfaces' trend;
- call sign confusion reports provided by airline Safety Management Systems (SMSs) accounted for 9% of all EVAIRE databse reports.
For much more information and a deeper dive into the reports, download and consult our bulletin.