Some of the main events reported for the 2013 - 2017 period include:
- continuing proliferation of RPAS in 2017 which affect final approach most, but also begins appearing at higher altitudes;
- location of GPS outages closely linked to politically disrupted areas and the majority of the affected states failed to issue NOTAMs;
- 184 cases of false RAs caused by hybrid surveillance were reported between December 2012 and the end of November 2017;
- decrease in persistent laser interference problems as the majority of States prohibited the use of laser devices against aircraft or vehicles;
- decrease in call sign confusions in 2017 and how EUROCONTROL’s Call Sign De-Confliction Tool (CSST) is helping airlines;
- upward trend of ‘Air-Ground communication’ in 2017 and decrease in ''ATC clearance/instructions'' problems.
The participants in the EVAIR mechanism took great strides forward in 2017, reducing the number of days spent investigating reports which took on average 15-20 days while keeping the high level of the investigation quality.