The EUROCONTROL Standards development process has been applied to the development of Edition 2.1 of this EUROCONTROL Specification. It will be proposed to the European Commission as a new edition of the Community Specification.
This EUROCONTROL Specification refines and augments the detailed technical specifications for AMHS in ICAO Annex 10 and associated ICAO technical manuals, for deployment in the European Air Traffic Management Network (EATMN). The goal is to enable EATMN-wide support of a specific profile of the Extended level of service of the ATS Message Handling Service (ATSMHS), as defined by ICAO. This includes:
- support for binary information transfer,
- operation over a network infrastructure based on the internet protocol (IP),
- use of standard message heading extensions to convey Air Traffic Services (ATS) header information,
- use of directory functionality to enhance interoperability,
- migration to the use of digitally signed secure messages at a future date if required.