- The Network recorded 32,514 average daily flights (+7% vs 2022), remaining slightly below (-1.4%) the previous week and standing at 94% of 2019 levels.
- For the first 12 days of September, the number of flights in the Network was 93% of 2019 levels.
- On average, operators did not deploy additional capacity over the last week; the top 10 aircraft operators recorded a slight decrease (-0.9%) vs the previous week.
- Arrival and departure punctuality, at 71% and 64% respectively, were 6.5/7.6 percentage points below 2019 levels, but better than the equivalent week in 2022.
- EUROCONTROL billed 921M€ of en-route charges for August flights, 14% above the amount billed for August 2022 flights. On a year-to-date basis, EUROCONTROL billed 6,065M€ in 2023, +21% compared to 2022, as a result of a combination of more service units and higher unit rates.
- The average jet fuel price stood at 3.02 USD/gallon on 8 September 2023, increasing (+0.5%) over two weeks. Current prices have increased by 5% compared to the beginning of the year.
EUROCONTROL's European Aviation Overview provides a detailed snapshot of the latest Network trends.
It uses the latest traffic data to show how States, airports and airlines are performing, with further analysis of market segments, fuel prices, and delays.
Headlines for the week from 06 to 12 September 2023
Get the latest issue
Join our mailing list and receive a detailed snapshot of the latest Network trends.
Download the latest European Aviation Overview for more details.