The briefing (available for download below in English and Spanish) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on countries across Europe.
It includes a specific country-level forecast, which shows that in the (most likely) Scenario 2, 2024 traffic in Spain is expected to achieve 97% of the 2019 level.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on airports, the major airlines, market segments and traffic flows, including:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 1.5M flights
- Current flight status: 2,437 daily flights or -54% vs 2019 (7-day average)
- Traffic forecast: 45% of 2019 in 2021 & 72% in 2022
- GDP: +5.8% in 2021 & +6.2% in 2022 (vs. previous year)
- Vaccination: 23.53 per hundred people fully vaccinated
- Busiest airport: Madrid with 555 average daily flights (-55% vs. 2019)
- Busiest airline: Ryanair with 378 average daily flights (-57% vs. 2019)