The briefing (available for download below in English and Dutch) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on countries across Europe.
It includes a specific country-level forecast, which shows that in the (most likely) Scenario 2, 2024 traffic in the Netherlands is expected to achieve 93% of the 2019 level.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on airports, the major airlines, market segments and traffic flows, including:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 487,000 flights;
- Current flight status: 778 daily flights or -57% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Traffic forecast: 44% of 2019 in 2021 & 69% in 2022;
- GDP: +2.9% in 2021 & +3.1% in 2022 (vs. previous year);
- Vaccination: 22.44 per hundred people fully vaccinated;
- Busiest airport: Amsterdam with 613 average daily flights1 (-59% vs. 2019);
- Busiest airline: KLM with 420 average daily flights1 (-55% vs. 2019).