The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is increasing compared to 2020 (+84%) but still has to go up by 35% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 439,818 flights;
- Current flight status: 977 daily flights or -35% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Current ranking: 1st;
- Busiest airline: KLM with 604 average daily flights (-29% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: Spain with 58 average daily flights (-8% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Paris/CDG with 9 average daily flights (-22% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-35% vs 2019) with traditional scheduled airlines.