The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is much higher than in 2020 (+77%) but still has to go up by 53% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 440,171 flights;
- Current flight status: 710 daily flights or -53% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Busiest airline: Air France with 412 average daily flights1 (-42% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: France with 60 average daily flights (-30% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Nice with 10 average daily flights (-8% vs.2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-67% vs 2019) with traditional scheduled airlines.