The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is much higher than in 2020 (+158%) but still has to go up by 41% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 400,676 flights;
- Current flight status: 748 daily flights or -41% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Current ranking: 5th;
- Busiest airline: Iberia with 270 average daily flights1 (-32% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: Spain with 154 average daily flights (-26% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Palma de Mallorca with 18 average daily flights (-19% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-42% vs 2019) with traditional scheduled airlines.