The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is increasing compared to 2020 (+130%) but still has to go up by 23% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 218,361 flights;
- Current flight status: 979 daily flights or -23% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Current ranking: 1st;
- Busiest airline: Turkish Airlines: 808 average daily flights (-18% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: Turkey with 168 average daily flights (+5% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Antalya with 15 average daily flights (-20% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-33% vs 2019) but with strong domestic traffic (+5%) with traditional scheduled airlines.