The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is much higher than in 2020 (+50%) but this is still relatively low compared to other European airports (-64% compared to 2019).
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 451,915 flights;
- Current flight status: 496 daily flights or -64% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Busiest airline: British Airways with 217 average daily flights (-69% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: United States with 37 average daily flights (-66% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: New York with 8 average daily flights (-58% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-54% vs 2019) with traditional scheduled airlines.