The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is increasing compared to 2020 (+50%) but still well below the 2019 level (-83%).
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 349,125 flights;
- Current flight status: 158 daily flights or -83% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Current ranking: 77th;
- Busiest airline: easyJet with 103 average daily flights (-73% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: United Kingdom with 24 average daily flights (-36% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Palma de Mallorca with 4 average daily flights (-62% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-87% vs 2019) with low cost airlines.