The briefing (available for download below in English) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is much higher than in 2020 (+109%) but still has to go up by 54% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 460,000 flights;
- Current flight status: 711 daily flights or -54% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Busiest airline: Lufthansa with 402 average daily flights (-57% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: Germany with 36 average daily flights1 (-67% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Palma de Mallorca with 8 average daily flights (-36% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-52% vs 2019) with traditional scheduled airlines.