The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is slowly increasing compared to 2020 (+16%) but still has to go up by 69% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 251,826 flights;
- Current flight status: 228 daily flights or -69% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Current ranking: 39th;
- Busiest airline: Ryanair with 100 average daily flights (-61% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: United-Kingdom with 26 average daily flights (-80% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: London/Heathrow with 5 average daily flights (-72% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-69% vs 2019) with low cost airlines and traditional scheduled airlines.