The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is much higher than in 2020 (+81%) but still has to go up by 52% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 269,041 flights;
- Current flight status: 367 daily flights or -52% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Busiest airline: SAS with 118 average daily flights (-55% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: Denmark with 25 average daily flights (-11% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Aalborg with 15 average daily flights (+66% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-41% vs 2019) with business aviation, traditional scheduled airlines and low cost airlines.