The briefing (available for download below) provides key facts and graphics and is one of a series covering the impact of the crisis on major European airports.
It includes a specific airport-level traffic composition overview, which shows that traffic is much higher than in 2020 (+74%) but still has to go up by 23% to get to 2019 levels.
More information on the recent forecasts produced by EUROCONTROL can be found here.
The briefing includes also information on:
- Total flights lost since 1 March 2020: 165,580 flights;
- Current flight status: 641 daily flights or -23% vs 2019 (7-day average);
- Current ranking: 8th;
- Busiest airline: Aegean Airlines with 253 average daily flights (-29% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination country: Greece with 151 average daily flights (-16% vs. 2019);
- Busiest destination airport: Santorini with 17 average daily flights (-34% vs. 2019);
- Mostly international traffic (-27% vs 2019) and internal traffic (-17% vs 2019) with traditional scheduled airlines.