The Network Operations Portal (NOP) is a collaboration application that enables the EUROCONTROL Network Manager’s (NM) operational stakeholders to interact and collaborate with our Network Manager Operations Centre (NMOC). The main purpose of the portal is to improve stakeholder collaboration and performance by:
- facilitating the real-time monitoring of the status of traffic, airspace and air traffic flow and capacity management (ATFM) measures;
- identifying bottlenecks and the reasons behind them;
- optimising the use of available air traffic management (ATM) capacity through collaborative planning of pan-European operations from the strategic to the tactical phases;
- assisting NM users with regard to their tactical flow management or calculated take-off time (CTOT) issues;
- providing easy and quick access to a significant set of information that may be required to operate in the European Network.
The NOP provides the entire aviation community with a continuously updated view of the European ATM network situation through an interactive interface.
We make sure that we show validated information following collaboration processes, allowing a clear understanding of relevant data for real-time operations.
The NOP shows a fully transparent view of the current and expected European air traffic, including:
- traffic demand and capacity plans,
- eventual bottlenecks and the ATFM and
- airspace management (ASM) measures planned in order to counterbalance them.
All this information, combined with access to the various NM tools, helps stakeholders collaborate and perform ATFM operations in the European network.