Over the coming months, the SESAR Horizon 2020 PODIUM will perform BVLOS (beyond visual line of sight) and VLOS flights covering eighteen operational scenarios, including multiple drone flights and in the vicinity of airports. The project aims to collect and analyse feedback from drone operators, air traffic controllers, supervisors and authorities with a view to validating the ease-of-use and benefits of U-space.
PODIUM seeks a strong engagement from stakeholders in order to strengthen its conclusions on maturity and recommendations for improvements. For this reason, PODIUM is convening the following U-space visitor events:
- Unexpected scenarios with security, hosted by NLR: Netherlands RPAS Test Centre, Marknesse, 14 May 2019;
- Regular drone usage and interoperability with manned aviation, hosted by Integra Aerial Services and Naviair, Hans Christian Andersen Airport, Odense, 23 May 2019;
- Unexpected scenarios in an ATC controlled airport environment, hosted by NLR, Groningen Airport Eelde, 4 June 2019;
- Enhanced business operations, hosted by Drone Paris Region cluster, Bretigny, 13 June 2019;
- Interoperability with ATC, hosted by Airbus, Rodez-Aveyron Airport, France, 26 June 2019;
- Dissemination event, EUROCONTROL headquarters, Brussels, 17 October 2019.
The respective site hosts will issue invitations to local stakeholders shortly.
As PODIUM project coordinator, EUROCONTROL will issue invitations and registration details to a wider set of stakeholders for the final dissemination event.