Topics to work on together include:
- aviation requirements for Cat I and Cat II operations;
- standardisation work on DFMC avionics receivers and systems at European and ICAO level;
- Galileo SAR aviation missions;
- EGNOS (European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service) extension studies to the European and African continent;
- R&D coordination on SESAR 2020 & Horizon 2020;
- European SBAS operations implementations for the commercial and regional segments but also for critical helicopter public services;
- operational and safety guidance material to support EASA and national authorities.
For the GSA, which recently celebrated its 15th anniversary, cooperation with EUROCONTROL on EGNOS and Galileo in particular has been vital.