ICNS Conference 2019
Enabling Future Flight through Evolving ICNS Technologies
Every year, the Integrated Communications, Navigation and Surveillance (ICNS) Conference brings together leaders from government, industry and academia as well as senior technical experts to address important policy issues and discuss the future directions of CNS and ATM.
In a world where scientific knowledge is constantly evolving, the 2019 ICNS Conference will focus on and address the impact of the evolving technologies and CNS research technology developments on aviation concepts. By fully exploring the theme of “Enabling Future Flight through Evolving ICNS Technologies”, the Conference will examine emerging terrestrial- and satellite-based CNS capabilities capable of supporting 4D Trajectory Based Operations (TBOs) as well as increased automation requirements of future flight and the rapidly developing UAS operations and their needs.
Each day of the conference will begin with a morning plenary session addressing a hot topic of global relevance before invited speakers will set the stage for the policy, economic, operational and technology aspects of the plenary.
In the afternoon, a number of presentations and papers will be considered on various CNS and ATM programmes, implementation strategies, research and technologies.
Paper and presentations are being solicited for the technical sessions, addressing the key topical areas listed below:
- Data and Voice Communications Systems
- Surveillance Systems & Situational Awareness
- Navigation Systems & APNT
- CNS Integration, Consolidation and Miniaturization
- Drivers for CNS Evolution
- Integration of UAV, RPAS, and Space Transportation into the Airspace
- UAS Traffic Management (UTM)
- Commercial, Military, and Consumer UAS
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Supporting Technologies
- Performance-based CNS/ATM
- Airport & Airspace Optimisation/Operations
- Support for Civil Military Interoperability
- Impact of Climate Change and Aviation Weather on Aviation and CNS Performance
- Changing Economic Impact on Users and Purchasers and Users of CNS Equipment
- Emerging Aviation Systems
- CNS Spectrum Aspects
- Artificial Intelligence Developments and Impacts to CNS/ATM
ICNS is a not-for-profit event, jointly organised by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Digital Avionics Technical Committee (DATC) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society (AESS), with active support from industry as well as government.
EUROCONTROL is very much involved in this event and has been supporting its organisation for eight years now. Our membership in the ICNS Executive Committee (IEC) primarily aims to facilitate, in coordination with the SESAR Joint Undertaking (SJU), the European representation in the plenary ICNS sessions in order to promote the European perspective on international harmonisation (in particular the NextGen-SESAR coordination in specific ATM aspects) and the European positions on CNS matters.