Case studies of recent simulations:
- Examples of recent simulations run in US and Europe;
- Approaches for human-in-the-loop simulation, fast-time simulation, and model-based simulation;
- Lessons learned/shortcomings/successes;
- Discussion of experimental methods, tools, and validation techniques.
Simulation methods and tools:
- Evolving methods including agent-based models and machine-learning;
- Experimental methods and validation techniques;
- Human factors techniques in simulations.
Data preparation and simulation analysis:
- Interoperability: scenarios, comparability, data exchange, interfaces and data exchange standards, distributed simulations;
- Research methodology, validation objectives, indicators;
- Data preparation tools;
- Analysis of HITL simulations, quick view tools, machine learning tools for detecting correlations in results.
Working/Breakout Groups to identify topics for collaboration:
- Scenario and method harmonization;
- Tools and techniques;
- Analytics and validation;
- Best practices;
- Data access and results repository.