|Time||Session||Speakers and panel|
|08:30 - 09:30||Registration, welcome coffee & early starters exhibition|
|Setting the scene|
|09:30 - 09:40||Welcome and introduction||
|09:40 - 09:55||Setting the Trajectory-based operations scene||
|ADSCENSIO PJ38W3 large scale demonstration project – Preparing for ADS-C EPP implementation as required by Common Project #1 by 2027|
|09:55 - 11:00||Preparing the use of downlinked ADS-C EPP data from the aircraft
|11:00 - 11:30||Coffee and exhibition in the lobby|
|11:30 - 12:00||Enabling the infrastructure for downlinked ADS-C EPP data from the aircraft
|4DSKYWAYS PJ18W2 industrial research project – Validating improvements to ATC tools via downlinked trajectories, uplinked complex clearances, improved meteo data, and automation to meet future traffic demand.|
|12:00 - 13:00||Validating improved ATM operations performance through enhanced trajectory predictions with ADS-C EPP
|13:00 - 14:10||Buffet lunch and exhibition|
|14:10 - 15:10||Integrated validations for improving air-ground trajectory synchronisation with uplinked CPDLC clearances and enhanced conformance monitoring with ADS-C EPP
|15:10 - 15:50||Coffee and exhibition|
|15:50 - 16:10||Increasing ATM performance using increased automation for TBO
|16:10 - 16:20||The next steps for TBO in SESAR||
|16:20 - 16:40||Closing remarks||
SESAR 2020 ADSCENSIO & 4DSkyways Joint Dissemination Event
Pushing the SESAR TBO envelope in flight execution
On 21 March, EUROCONTROL hosted a dissemination event for the SESAR 2020 ADSCENSIO large-scale demonstration and 4DSkyways industrial research projects on trajectory-based operations in the flight execution phase. The two projects are preparing their results and conclusions relating to operational aspects and performance improvements, following two years of demonstrations and validation exercises using multiple air navigation service provider and industry platforms for flights across European airspace.
The event featured presentations, Q&A sessions and exhibits from air navigation service providers, industry as well as EUROCONTROL partners and the SESAR 3 Joint Undertaking.
Rewatch the event
Download the presentations
Welcome and IntroductionEUROCONTROL and DSNA
Setting the scene: what is TBO?SESAR 3 Joint Undertaking
ADSCENSIO PJ38 introductionDSNA
ADSCENSIO Operational evaluationsDSNA
Operational Introduction of ATS B2 ADS-C at MUACEUROCONTROL MUAC
ADSCENSIO Data CollectionEUROCONTROL
WP3 - Contribution of Data Analysis to Project ReportENAV
ADS-C Common ServiceDFS
Improving ATM operations performance with enhanced trajectory predictions with ADS-C EPPDFS and Indra
TP improvement and CD&R tools enhancements through ADS-C dataPANSA
TP improvements (ADS-C & ENH GRIB)DFS
Advanced Conflict Detection & Resolution ToolsLeonardo
Solution 56 - presentation, plus ANSP view and Airborne viewEUROCONTROL/Solution56 | Skyguide | Airbus
Increasing ATM performance using increased automation for TBONATS
The next steps for TBO in SESAR 3SESAR 3 Joint Undertaking
Closing remarksEUROCONTROL and DSNA
- Skyguide: traffic generator providing a high-fidelity aircraft and aircraft navigation and communication systems behaviour, addressing the use of the CPDLC ATS-B2 and ADS-C data (EPP, Speed schedule) (Demo – 65" display - ADSL) (Duration of demo: 20 minutes)
- DSNA: Live traffic Demo of the Tool used in ADSCENSIO to demonstrate the operational benefit of EPP Data for Arrival Management in PARIS ACC. Live traffic Demo of the Tool used in ADSCENSIO to evaluate the operational benefit of EPP Data in ATC service provision in French ACCs (Demo – 43" display). (Duration of demo: 5–10 minutes)
- EUROCONTROL: improving flight efficiency and sector capacity by early resolution of conflicts (Demo – 65" display). (Duration of demo: 7 minutes)
- LEONARDO/ENAV: advanced conflict detection and resolution tools (Video). (Duration: 5 minutes)
- COOPANS/THALES: conflict detection & resolutions in lateral and vertical dimensions. Complex clearances, EPP discrepancy, increased automation (Video). (Duration: 7 minutes)
- INDRA/DFS/PANSA: improved trajectory predictions based on ADS-C EPP messages and improvements to tactical conflict detection & resolution (Video) (Duration: 7 minutes).
- NATS: improvements using ADS-C to TP and ETA Min/Max. Use of ADS-C as a Met data source; Use of ADS-C data to reduce uncertainty in MTCD calculations; Use of ASD-C for FMS discrepancy monitoring in the vertical plane. (Rolling presentation).
- Airbus: focusing on ADS-C ATS B2 including details on ADS-C EPP, types of reports and its proven accuracy; CPDLC cockpit views (Rolling presentation).
- ENAIRE: CBA and performance assessment from PJ18W2 Solutions 53 and 56 (rolling presentation).