Playback the event and download the presentations below.
LSSIP 2022 event reviews progress on ATM implementation
EUROCONTROL together with the SESAR 3 Joint Understaking and the SESAR Deployment Manager (SDM) has been actively working on an unified planning and monitoring process. In the context of the New SDM Partnership and through early partnering with the SDM over the past year, the problems of double reporting (by stakeholders) have now been resolved by ensuring that the monitoring of the CP1 activities is carried out using the LSSIP+ tool and following the typical LSSIP timeframe.
EUROCONTROL will be holding the 2022 LSSIP+ Event in hybrid format, both at its Brussels headquarters and online..
This year’s main topics will include the following:
- Changes to the ATM Master Plan Level 3 for the 2022 LSSIP+ cycle regarding:
- new objectives/changed objectives;
- enhancements in the DB and tools;
- the impact of these changes on the LSSIP+ work for this cycle;
- A new process and timeline for the 2022 LSSIP+ cycle;
- Highlights of our main 2022 reports: the recent ATM Master Plan Level 3 Report and the upcoming ICAO ASBU Implementation Monitoring Report.
2022 Local Single Sky Implementation+ (LSSIP+) event
The 2022 LSSIP event jointly hosted by EUROCONTROL and the SESAR Deployment Manager (SDM) saw more than 200 participants from 43 States plus European institutions attend and share where each one of the ECAC States and EUROCONTROL Comprehensive Agreement States is in terms of their ATM implementation progress.
EUROCONTROL, the SESAR 3 Joint Undertaking and the SESAR Deployment Manager (SDM) have been actively working on a unified planning and monitoring process resolving the problems of double reporting. As a result 2022 is now the 2nd year in which the EUROCONTROL Network Manager and the SDM together ensure a unified reporting cycle on implementation progress through the “LSSIP+”, the Local Single Sky ImPlementation Tool.
The event was an opportunity for attendees to look at what's new for the LSSIP 2022 cycle; reviewed progress on the European ATM Master Plan Level 3 and on its 2022 Implementation Plan and Progress Report; and considered recent developments, ICAO reporting, and the monitoring tools.
All LSSIP reporting cycles now pass solely through this LSSIP+ Tool, reinforced by the successful first unified reporting cycle of 2021. The process is continuously adapted to take into account SDM requirements and the EC Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/116 (CP1) – a unified planning and monitoring approach that is, for EUROCONTROL Director Network Management Iacopo Prissinotti, "critical as we move towards a common goal of implementing a single value chain in aviation".
Following this event, a new LSSIP monitoring cycle has now started, based on the most recent European ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan 2022 and the SESAR Deployment Programme.
The results of this reporting exercise will be compiled in a new set of LSSIP documents. Subsequently, a detailed insight into performance is provided at State level. The LSSIP mechanism is also used to analyse the consolidated progress in the ECAC States (through the Master Plan Level 3 Progress Report), in the EU States, Switzerland and Norway through the SDM Monitoring View, and finally the level of implementation of the Aviation System Block Upgrades at ICAO Europe level in cooperation with the ICAO Europe and North Atlantic (EUR/NAT) Office. Furthermore, first steps have been taken to ensure the integration of the monitoring of the Regional Aviation Safety Plan into the LSSIP process.
You can find all presentations and a recording of the event further below.
1) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - short overview of all changesEUROCONTROL
2) 2022 LSSIP+ Event_ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan 2022EUROCONTROL
3) 2022 LSSIP+ Event_LSSIP Timeline and processEUROCONTROL
4) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - Lessons Learned of LSSIP+ 2021 on new cycle & Best practicesEUROCONTROL and IE Focal Point
5) 2022 LSSIP+ Event -SDM CP1 Monitoring ExerciseSESAR Deployment Manager, EUROCONTROL
6) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - SWIM-INF-related ObjectivesEUROCONTROL/SDM SWIM
7) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - ATM Master Plan Level 3 Progress Report 2022EUROCONTROL
8) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - New Safety Objectives and QuestionnairesEUROCONTROL
9) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - ICAO ASBU MonitoringEUROCONTROL
10) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - EUR RASP Implementation QuestionnaireEASA
11) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - Enhancement tools, analytics and DBEUROCONTROL
12) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - Unified planning and monitoringEUROCONTROL
13) 2022 LSSIP+ Event - LSSIP Expert Group activitiesEUROCONTROL
Who should attend?
This event is open to all LSSIP focal points and experts representing the States, the NSAs, the air navigation service providers, AIS, MET, airports and the military organisations.
We will hold a one-day event on our premises and online, focused on the most important developments for the 2022 LSSIP+ cycle. In addition, in the coming weeks, our LSSIP contact persons (CPs) will contact the national LSSIP focal points to arrange for the usual one-to-one, bilateral or FAB meetings focused on the details of the LSSIP work at national/FAB level, which can also be organised virtually or locally.
The national LSSIP focal points will be asked to coordinate at national level with the local experts on when, how and/or where the second-day meeting with their CP will take place.
|10:00||Short high-level video on traffic and capacity|
|10:05||Opening of the 2022 LSSIP+ Event||Mariagrazia La Piscopia, SDM|
|10:15||Review and adoption of the agenda
+ Short overview of all changes
|Danny Debals, EUROCONTROL|
|10:20||ATM Master Plan Level 3 Implementation Plan 2022||Luca Dell' Orto, EUROCONTROL|
|10:55||LSSIP Timeline and process||Nancy Lenne-van Wegberg, EUROCONTROL|
|11:10||Lessons Learned of LSSIP+ 2021 on new cycle & Best practices||Javier Rosendo, EUROCONTROL
Cathal Mac Criostail, IE National Focal Point
|11:45||SDM CP1 Monitoring Exercise||Erich Klock, SD
Ramon Raposo, SDM
Flaminia Barelli, EUROCONTROL
|12:25||EDA view on CP1 Monitoring||Pedro Fernandez Sancho, EUROCONTROL|
|12:40||SWIM/INF-related Objectives||Servane Woff-Lhuissier, EDA|
|13:55||ATM Master Plan Level 3 Progress Report 2022||Octavian Cioara, EUROCONTROL|
|14:25||New Safety Objectives and Questionnaires||Dragica Stankovic, EUROCONTROL|
|14:40||ICAO ASBU Monitoring||Octavian Cioara, EUROCONTROL
Sven Halle, ICAO
|14:35||Lessons Learned of LSSIP+ 2021 + best practices||National Focal Point|
|15:00||EUR RASP Implementation Questionnaire||Regine Hamelijnck, EASA|
|15:40||LSSIP Enhancement tools, analytics, and DB||Marina López, EUROCONTROL|
|16:15||Unified planning and monitoring||Alexandra Papaghiuc, EUROCONTROL|
|16:25||LSSIP Expert Group activities||Danny Debals, EUROCONTROL|
|16:30||Wrap-up – closing the meeting||Paul Bosman, EUROCONTROL|
Video and webinar for newcomers
On 6 October 2022, we organised a “LSSIP+ webinar for all newcomers to the process” (i.e. a recorded lecture of a maximum two hours via WebEx, including Q&A). During this session, we introduced ATM modernisation monitoring, the ATM Master Plan (Level 3) and the LSSIP+ process details. The aim of this session was to facilitate your LSSIP+ related work during the 2022 cycle.
European ATM Master Plan (Level 3)/LSSIP+ process
The Master Plan Level 3/LSSIP Planning and Reporting process is vital in order to:
- allow a comprehensive picture of ATM modernisation across ECAC, Israel and Morocco;
- ensure State reporting to ICAO (in the ICAO EUR Region) on their progress with the ICAO GANP ASBU modules;
- ensure the monitoring of CP1/the SESAR Deployment Programme, through the LSSIP+ tool;
- allow the coupling of States’ performance plans with ATM evolution.
Learn more on LSSIP
We provide support to the ATM community in planning and reporting their progress on implementing the ATM Master Plan (level 3).