EUROCONTROL Stakeholder Forum on developing U-space for Urban Air Mobility
Unmanned drones are a growing business in Europe and a key component of the future transport landscape, delivering services in all environments, including urban areas.
In this latest must-attend Stakeholder Forum webinar, our panel of key industry players will be looking at how urban air mobility (UAM) is evolving, and the challenges ahead.
We will be looking at how Europe is progressing with the implementation of U-space, an enabling framework designed to manage the safe and secure integration of drones and other autonomous aircraft into our airspace, thereby also facilitating UAM operations.
Our expert webinar panellists, bringing to the table enormous experience across the aviation industry spectrum, will tackle some of the leading questions, including:
- How are air navigation service providers working with their national partners to implement U-space?
- How does the recently launched facility to fund the development of UAM/U-space infrastructure in Europe support the implementation of U-space and UAM operations in Europe?
- How can UAM address the traffic congestion needs of metropolitan cities in Europe?
- What strategic drivers are UAM vehicle manufacturers focusing on in order to develop smart and sustainable mobility solutions such as electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft?
In a special segment for our Stakeholder Forum series, this strategic webinar will feature two keynote addresses from EUROCONTROL's Director General and Provisional Council President where they set the scene and highlight the challenges and opportunities behind a key component of Europe’s future mobility.
SSMS and TEN-T policyEuropean Commission
Aachen‘s Way Towards the Future of MobilityCity of Aachen
Strategic webinar on intermodal transport and regional connectivityMARCO POLO VENICE AIRPORT
As Europe works to deliver green, smart and safe mobility for its citizens, in line with the European Commission’s Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy, we take a closer look at some ongoing initiatives aimed at improving regional connectivity & intermodal transport – key drivers in Europe’s fundamental transport transformation.
Join us for our strategic webinar on intermodal transport and regional connectivity, where we will be looking for answers to the big questions like:
- How can airports and cities help develop a multimodal transport ecosystem that improves the mobility offer for citizens, while at the same time contributing to the European Commission’s strategy to reduce transport-related greenhouse gas emissions by 90% by 2050?
- How do we connect Europe with modern, multimodal and safe transport infrastructure networks, shifting towards low-emission mobility?
- How do we connect application sectors to create the ecosystem for mobility services in an intermodal world and shorten go-to-market times?
- How can intermodal transport contribute to achieving EC’s Smart and Sustainable Mobility Strategy?
- And how, as our recent Think Paper on “Plane vs train: getting the balance right” underlines, can multimodal solutions combining air and rail impact positively on sustainability and connectivity?
Opening remarks and moderated by
“I look forward to moderating the three-way discussion and explore the huge potential of sustainable aviation fuels.”
Shape the debate!
Submit your questions in advance and/or register for the event to ask questions during the live webinar!
Follow our Stakeholder Forum series
To all of our strategic and technical Stakeholder Forum webinars.
About our UAS activities
Helping to make Europe’s skies safe and accessible to all.