The ARO briefing facility is a part of the INO data user application and is specifically designed to allow air traffic services reporting officers (AROs) to handle flight plans (FPLs) and related information in an integrated manner.
It processes all incoming and outgoing AFTN messages and provides this information to the user in one single application. In addition to the FPL data, the integration of the ARO briefing facility into the existing INO data user application enables the user to automatically generate or schedule a pre-flight information bulletin (PIB) for a planned flight.
Through the ARO briefing facility, users are able to:
- create, validate and distribute FPL and related follow-up messages;
- manage repetitive FPLs;
- manage client information and AFTN addresses;
- monitor the real-traffic situation;
- identify the status of different FPL;
- manage incoming and outgoing messages.
The FPL function enables users to create new FPL, manage routes, pre-validate the FPL against SDO data, validate the FPL against IPFUV, save the FPL in the FPL list, send the FPL via AFTN, and generate a PIB for a specific FPL. The ARO briefing facility provides also a graphical visualisation of flight plans and pre-flight information bulletins.
Addressed user needs
- creating and managing flight plans;
- single access point for quality NOTAM information;
- obtaining pre-flight information.