Flight information is data that describes the gate-to-gate operation of aircraft pre-flight, in flight execution and post-flight. It powers trajectory-based operations (TBO) such as the exchange, maintenance and use of consistent aircraft trajectory and flight information for collaborative decision-making.
Our work on flight information management includes:
- defining the ICAO Flight and Flow Information for a Collaborative Environment (FF-ICE) concept and;
- developing related technical enablers, including the Flight Information Exchange Model (FIXM);
- supporting the deployment of PCP iSWIM through the INEA SWIM Common Component project;
- validating European research and development projects as active contributors to the SESAR 2020 programme;
- providing operational SWIM services for flights in the Initial Flight Plan Processing System (IFPS) area;
- deploying operational services implementing the PCP iSWIM flight information exchanges and FF-ICE concepts.