List of example constituents and standards for the communications domain
For communications, only typical systems which are currently used in Europe were considered, as identified by the SESAR Definition Phase (WP2.5). Oceanic, unusual and future systems were not analysed – these criteria were used to exclude ADS-C, HFDL, VDL3, VDL4, AMS(R)S, and ACARS over HF or satellite.
Since the implementation of AIDC in Europe has not followed the ICAO ATN/OSI manual, only specifications appropriate to the European systems which are now referenced in the ICAO ATN/IPS manual are considered e.g. COTR (EC regulation 1032/2006) and FMTP (EC Regulation 633/2006).
Functional areas of the communications domain
- Air-ground communication applications
- Air-ground communication networks
- Air-ground datalink communications
- Air-ground voice communications
- Ground-ground communication applications
- Ground-ground communication networks
- Ground-ground voice communications