EUROCONTROL and the European GNSS Agency (GSA) recently completed a two-day workshop on aviation projects in Prague attended by over 120 stakeholders from across the industry, looking at such projects as LPV (Localiser Performance with Vertical guidance), PinS (Point in Space) LPV for helicopter life-critical operations, and the large-scale implementation of LPV procedures to improve accessibility and enhance performance, as well as examining latest developments in the field of SBAS and EGNOS.
The Single European Sky (SES) initiative of the European Commission (EC) provides a legislative framework to meet future safety, capacity and efficiency needs at a European rather than at a national level.
Due to its extensive expertise and valuable experience in European air traffic management (ATM), the EC has asked EUROCONTROL to assist in the overall implementation of Europe’s future ATM system.
- DG CLIMA (EC)
- DG Environment (EC)
- DG Mobility and Transport (EC)
- DGAC (France)
- DFS (Germany)
- European Environment Agency
- Framework Convention on Climate Change (UN)
- IPCC (UNEP/WMO)
- Air Traffic Control (Switzerland - Skyguide)
- Transport & Environment - European Federation
- CAA Environmental Research and Consultancy Dpt.(UK)
- Department for Transport (UK)
- Sustainable Aviation Strategy (UK)