2016 LSSIP cycle successfully finalised on time
In recently releasing the 42 Local Single Sky ImPlementation (LSSIP) documents covering 2016 (one for each EUROCONTROL Member State, plus one for MUAC, our Upper Area Control Centre in Maastricht), EUROCONTROL is delighted to announce that the 2016 iteration of the LSSIP monitoring cycle has officially closed on time. This marks the reaffirmed commitment at a high level of civil and military national organisations (Regulators and National Supervisory Authorities), Service Providers and Airport Operators towards the implementation of the European ATM Master Plan.
For more than 20 years, EUROCONTROL has been supporting European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) Member States in producing LSSIP documents, which show the progress made and detail the plans for each ECAC State over the next five years. The LSSIP mechanism is a planning and progress reporting tool that covers all national stakeholders. Its reporting function also supports the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Aviation System Block Upgrade (ASBU) Implementation Monitoring, thus serving all 55 States in the ICAO EUR Region.
The LSSIP documents (Level 1) are structured into six chapters:
- Chapter 1 provides an overview of the ATM institutional arrangements within the State. In addition, this chapter also provides an overview of the airspace organisation and classification, the ATC Units, the ATM systems operated by the main Air Navigation Service Provider – hence this is an ideal place to start if you want to know more about a specific State.
- Chapter 2 provides a comprehensive picture of the situation of air traffic, capacity and Air Traffic Flow Management delay per each Area Control Centre in the State.
- Chapter 3 provides a set of recommendations extracted from the ATM MP Level 3 Report (formerly called the ESSIP Report) that are relevant to the State/stakeholders concerned. The State reports how they have handled those recommendations and the actions taken during the year to address the concerns expressed by those recommendations.
- Chapter 4 provides a set of the main ATM national projects which contribute directly to the implementation of the ATM MP-related Implementation Objectives. The description, timescale, progress made and expected contribution to the ATM Key Performance Areas are provided by the State per each project.
- Chapter 5 deals with ATM regional coordination. It provides an overview of the Functional Airspace Block (FAB) cooperation and Projects and also all other regional initiatives and projects which lie beyond the scope of the FAB.
- Chapter 6 contains high-level information on progress and plans for each Implementation Objective.
All LSSIP documents can be accessed on our dedicated page. If you would like a high-level view, you can read a one-page extract for each State called “The European ATM Master Plan Level 3 Report for 2016 – State View”.
All implementation progress monitoring information, together with all information related to the ATM MP, can also be found via the European ATM Portal.
To know more about the LSSIP process, or to discuss certain elements of a specific State, please contact the EUROCONTROL LSSIP team at email@example.com.