The Network Manager Operations Centre (NMOC, previously called CFMU) deliver core operational services across several domains:
- Flow and Capacity Management
- ATM Access Gateway and Flight Planning Operations
- Information Management Domain:
- Crisis and Contingency Management
- Post-operations analysis and reporting.
EUROCONTROL Network Operations stem from the Central Flow Management Unit (CFMU), which was created in 1995 as a response to the chronic delays plaguing European air traffic throughout the 1980s.
In 2011, the European Commission nominated EUROCONTROL as European Network Manager. The European Commission’s Implementing Rules are now the backbone of our Network Operations. The ultimate purpose of these new binding rules applicable to all aviation stakeholders is to improve the performance of the European ATM Network.