Skyway No. 59 - Spring 2013
07 FEB 2013
English - pdf - 10,235.610 kB
Partnerships pave way to better ATM performance
This edition of the Skyway focuses on aviation partnerships and how EUROCONTROL can act both as a catalyst and as an enabler to support its stakeholders.
This issue of the Skyway also looks at what has already been achieved over the years by EUROCONTROL in collaboration with its partners across Europe.
It also explores how international cooperation can work practically by reviewing the experience of the Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre and also how the Agency has worked with its military partners to improve the efficiency of both military and civil aviation.
Matthew Baldwin from the European Commission provides his view of working with EUROCONTROL, Siim Kallas, the European Commissioner for Transport, talks about the Single European Sky while Flybe gives a user perspective of European Air Traffic Management.
In this issue:
- Editorial: A catalyst and enabler to partnerships, by Frank Brenner, Director General of EUROCONTROL
- Traffic, delays and forecast: Flights down 2.4% in 2012 - further decline forecast for 2013
- Future of EAD points the way to new partnerships
- Centralising services to meet performance targets
- Why EUROCONTROL built a cloud
- Stronger global links
- A fit-for-purpose modernised Agency
- An airline view of working with ATM service providers
- Maastricht demonstrates the benefits of cooperation
- The Single European Sky: time to deliver, by Siim Kallas, European Commission for Transport
- An evolving partnership, by Matthew Baldwin, Director of Air Transport, EC's Directorate for Mobility and Transport
- The Network Manager delivering efficiencies at regional level, by Joe Sultana, Chief Operation Officer, EUROCONTROL and Massimo Garbini, Chairman Network Management Board
- Time for closer civil-military cooperation, by Luc Tytgat, Director Single Sky, EUROCONTROL and Claude-France Arnould, Chief Executive, European Defence Agency
Subscribe to receive a paper copy of the Skyway
More information on the Skyway