Following the call to action by the European Commission to move forward with the implementation of the Single European Sky, EUROCONTROL has developed the concept of Centralised Services (CS), as a way of helping improve performance and competitiveness. The essence of the CS idea is that there are a number of ANS support services that could be run more efficiently at a central, network level.
After analysing the projects within SESAR, the SES ATM Research programme, EUROCONTROL has identified an initial nine natural CS candidates, where it made most sense to implement these ideas on a pan-European basis, rather than on a regional or FAB basis, or at a local or national level. Read more about it
CS related links
- What are the Centralised Services?
- The challenges and promise of implementing CS
- Presentation on centralised services (update to the EC, March 2013)
- Proposal for a set of centralised services
- Frequently asked questions (edition 29 January 2014)
- Centralised Services dedicated workshops
- Centralised Services Workshop, World ATM Conference 2014