- Network functions
- Strategy and development
- Disruption and crisis
- Forecast, monitoring & analysis
- Network Operations
- Operations planning
- Communication, navigation and surveillance
- Technical Systems
- Network Manager contacts
You will find below the major Surveillance related documents:
European Commission Implementing Regulations
In addition to the Aeronautical Information Circulars, Publications and other legislative instruments published by National Supervisory Authorities placing requirements upon aircraft operators and air navigation service providers the European Commission have promulgated a number of Implementing Regulations pertinent to surveillance activities. These include:
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) no 262/2009 laying down requirements for the coordinated allocation and use of Mode S interrogator codes for the single European sky.
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1207/2011 laying down requirements for the performance and the interoperability of surveillance for the single European sky (this is amended by Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1028/2014, published on 26/09/2014, and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 2017/386, published on 06/03/2017).
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 677/2011 laying down detailed rules for the implementation of Air Traffic Management (ATM) network functions and amending Regulation (EU) No 691/2010.
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1206/2011 laying down requirements on aircraft identification for surveillance for the single European sky.
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1332/2011 laying down common airspace usage requirements and operating procedures for airborne collision avoidance (this is amended by Commission Regulation (EU) No 2016/583, published on 15/04/2014).
Airworthiness documentation, Technical Specification and MOPS (relating to EU1207/2011)
The Strategy for all aspects of European ATM is detailed in the European Master Plan.
This document and supporting information can be found on the following links:
- ATM Master Plan Portal
- ATM Master Plan (EUROCONTROL Strategic Guidance)
See also SESAR WP15.04.01 D10 Part 2 document in the Final Deliverables section below.
- EUROCONTROL Specification for ATM Surveillance System Performance
- EUROCONTROL Standard for Radar Surveillance in En-Route Airspace and Major Terminal Areas
Generic Surveillance Safety and Performance Requirement (GEN SUR SPR)
A few years ago, the EUROCONTROL Surveillance and Code Coordination Unit, with support from stakeholders, initiated the drafting of a Generic Surveillance Safety and Performance Requirement (GEN SUR SPR). The matter was then undertaken by EUROCAE, which, in 2015, established Working Group WG-102 with the objective of developing a EUROCAE GEN-SUR SPR standard. The EUROCONTROL working draft Ed 1.3 of GEN SUR SPR document is one of the inputs to the EUROCAE WG102 activity. The document is superseded by the EUROCAE WG102 work and access to it is therefore restricted. If you are interested in the EUROCONTROL draft document in support of the EUROCAE work, please contact us. Parties interested in further contributing to this work and in accessing GEN-SUR SPR document updates are invited to contact EUROCAE.
Mode S Documents
- Mode S IC Allocation Specification
- Mode S IC Application form (doc)
- Principles of Mode S Operation & Interrogator Codes
Multi-Static Primary Surveillance Radar (MSPSR)
Wide Area Multilateration (WAM)
Surveillance Modernisation Related Documents
- Surveillance modernisation related standards and specifications
- Surveillance modernisation related safety documentation