- SESAR 2020
- SESAR 1
- ATM Master Plan
- ATM Architecture & Information Management
- Building the future Network
- Future airport operations
- Airport Operations Centre (APOC)
- Ground-Based Augmentation System (GBAS)
- Crosswind - Reduced Separations for Departure Operations (CREDOS)
- RECAT-2 and RECAT-3
- Time-Based Separation (TBS)
- Weather Dependent Separations (WDS)
- Integrated Tower Working Position (ITWP)
- Runway status lights (RWSL)
- Future ATC operations & systems
- Long-term research & innovation
- Research cooperation
- Business Cases and Cost Benefit Analyses
- Civil-military coordination
- Validation infrastructure
Future airport operations
Our Airport Research Unit works with airport stakeholders and SESAR to validate new operational improvements and their technical enablers, making them ready for deployment.
We deliver mature prototypes and guidance material focused on safety, efficiency, environment and capacity benefits.
Collectively, we have achieved some notable improvements such as Airport Collaborative Decision-Making (A-CDM) Time-Based Spacing (TBS) and more recently, wake vortex re-categorisation (RECAT).
Our common focus:
- runway throughput (wake vortex, separation minima and GBAS-enabled improvements);
- runway occupancy;
- surface management (A-SMGCS planning, routing and guidance);
- airport safety nets for controllers;
- total airport management (Airport Operations Centre APOC, Air and Landside processes);
- integrating airports into the ATM network.