Civil-military ATM coordination
The objective of the civil and military ATM coordination is to support the EUROCONTROL Member States to enhance the capacity, flexibility, efficiency, safety and security of the European aviation network, while accomodating military aviation requirements.
To deliver this, we focus on:
- Airspace Management Performance (ASM) performance and support systems,
- Enhancing the civil-military collaborative decision-making,
- Improving the civil-military Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) interoperability,
- Improving and promoting ATM security,
- Ensuring a seamless military integration in the network,
- and coordinating civil-military aspects in the SESAR programme.
Aircraft Collision Avoidance System (ACAS) and State Aircraft - CNS Factsheet 6
ACAS II (Traffic Collision Avoidance System - TCAS Version 7.0 or above) is designed to improve air safety by acting as a "last-resort" method of preventing mid-air collisions or near-collisions between aircraft.
An upgrade to the new version of TCAS II software – version 7.1 – has been mandated for civil aircraft in order to address safety issues identified in Version 7.0.
EUROAT implementation (1 October 2013)
EUROCONTROL Specification for harmonized Rules for Operational Air Traffic (OAT) is now available online
This document is a EUROCONTROL Specification for harmonized Rules for Operational Air Traffic (OAT) under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) inside controlled Airspace of the ECAC Area (EUROAT)
Find more information on the press release.