Civil-military ATM coordination
The objective of the civil and military ATM coordination is to support the EUROCONTROL Member States to enhance the capacity, flexibility, efficiency, safety and security of the European aviation network, while accomodating military aviation requirements.
To deliver this, we focus on:
- Airspace Management Performance (ASM) performance and support systems,
- Enhancing the civil-military collaborative decision-making,
- Improving the civil-military Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) interoperability,
- Improving and promoting ATM security,
- Ensuring a seamless military integration in the network,
- and coordinating civil-military aspects in the SESAR programme.
2013 edition of the military statistics brochure is now available!
- What is the military’s share of general air traffic?
- What is the impact on the ATM network?
- Who are the top military airspace users?
- What type of aircraft are flown?
- At what flight level do the military fly?
- What size are the military fleets in Europe?
Answers to these questions can be found in the 2013 military statistics brochure.
Latest CMAC newsletter on ATM cyber security
Cyber threats have moved to the centre of attention for the risk they pose to aviation. This was also recognized by ICAO at their recent Air Navigation Conference.
Read how ICAO is picking up the challenge and how EUROCONTROL and the EU contribute to help meeting it.
- Steady progress made in ATM cyber security - CMAC Newsletter, May 2013