The Airspace Management function facilitates the development of the European airspace into one continuum that is flexible and reactive to short-term changes in airspace user needs.This will be based on a seamless management of airspace configurations, and, supported by continuous sharing of information among all partners, will provide for an optimum use of the network.
The EUROCONTROL Institute of Air Navigation Services (IANS), located in Luxembourg, develops and delivers Air Traffic Management (ATM) Training for Air Navigation Services Providers, Civil and Military State Authorities of EUROCONTROL Member States and EUROCONTROL Agency Staff.
In respect of Airspace Management, IANS proposes the “Airspace Management” (ASM-ASM) Course, a general 5 day course designed for both civil and military personnel who have responsibilities in any area of airspace management
Moreover, NM in Brussels offers specific 3 day training designed for both civil and military personnel who have responsibilities for Airspace Management Cell (AMC), the Central Airspace Data Function (CADF) and Flow Management Position (FMP) operations.
FUA Awareness Package
The module provides you, in less than 30', with the basic principles and benefits of the FUA Concept and further links to more detailed information and related documents.
- ASM booklet
- Airspace Management (ASM) Handbook ERNIP part 3 - November 2016 (pdf)
- ASM/ATFCM Procedure 3 - Preliminary safety case - July 2010 (pdf)
- Free Route Developments in Europe - February 2012 (pdf)
- Flight Efficiency Plan, Fuel & Emission Savings - Aug 2008 (pdf)
- The 2015 Airspace Concept & Strategy for the ECAC area - February 2008 (pdf)
- The 2015 Airspace Concept & Strategy leaflet (pdf)
- Flexible Use of Airspace specification ed 1.1
- Concept of Operations for Enhancing the ASM/ATFM/ATC processes - FUA 2008 Scenario (pdf)
- Report on Organisational Structures and Procedures Required for the Application of the Concept of the Flexible Use of Airspace (pdf)