The co-ordination and consolidation of airspace design, planning and implementation is achieved through Cooperative Decision Making (CDM) at European network level as well as at regional, national and local level.
The Route Network Development Sub-Group (RNDSG) is the co-ordination forum for European airspace design and development. It consists of the, planning and implementation of improvements in the European ATS Route Network (ARN Versions), and of optimised civil and military airspace structures and ATC sectors.
In order to support the RNDSG in the development, validation, implementation and publication of all airspace improvement proposals, EUROCONTROL developed an interactive and online database: the ERNIP Database. This web-based application enables an easy access and sharing of information, a swift assessment of the proposals and a faster approval process and implementation.
For more information on the ERNIP Database functionalities, access conditions and useful contacts, and for registering and accessing this application, consult the route and airspace design service.
The European Route Network Improvement Plan has the following sections:
- The Framework Document: general description of the document and its parts;
- Airspace Design Methodology: general principles and technical specifications;
- ATS Route Network Version 2017-2021: Catalogue of airspace projects 2017-2021, providing a consolidated picture of the European airspace structure aimed to deliver a safe and operationally efficient operation of air traffic.;
- Airspace Management (ASM) Handbook: ASM guidance material for the coherent application of Flexible Use of Airspace;
- Route Availability Document (RAD)
ERNIP Implementation Monitoring